This is an excellent dish for using up left overs and bits from the freezer. This was cooked on a Monolith Ceramic with the Wok holder and Wok but can easily be cooked on a bbq in a skillet.
Chicken Fried Rice
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Total Time25 min
- Yield4 Servings
- 1 cup of rice, cooked with 2 cups of water and 1tsp chicken stock powder (allow to cool)
- 1 rotisseried chicken breast, roughly chopped
- 1 slice of thick cut ham, roughly chopped
- 100gms peas or edame beans
- 100gms prawns
- 2 spring onions (or scallions as we call them in Ireland), chopped
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 3 tsb oil for frying, I use peanut as it copes with the high heat
For the sauce
- 2tsp fish sauce
- 2tbs dark soy sauce
- 2tbs light soy sauce
- 2tsp shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1tsb sesame oil
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
Combine the sauce ingredients
Light the bbq for direct cooking and when hot, heat pan and the oil for a few minutes
Add the chopped chicken and ham and stir fry for a couple of minutes
Add the peas, prawns and the whites of the spring onion, stir fry for a couple of mins
Add the cooked (and cooled) rice, again stir fry for a couple of mins
Move the ingredients to the side of the pan and add the beaten eggs in the middle, lightly scramble, amalgamate with the other ingredients.
Add the sauce and green bits of the spring onion, reserve a few for garnish, stir fry for a final couple of minutes.
Tip into a serving dish and garnish with the remaining spring onion.