Spicy Thai Prawns with Mango Salad
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time3 min
- Total Time18 min
- Yield4 Servings
For the Prawns
- 24 raw king prawns
- 2 Cloves of garlic crushed
- 2cm of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped/crushed
- 1 fresh red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tbls of Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbls of Soya sauce
- 1 tbls of ground nut oil (or olive oil)
- chopped coriander to serve
- 1 lime cut into 4 wedges.
- 6 mini skewers (15cm)
For the Mango Salad
- 1 chopped up fresh mango
- 1 chopped up red onion
- Half red chilli (optional)
- 1 Tomato chopped
- 1 Tbls of fresh chopped coriander
- 1 Tbls Olive oil (optional)
Firstly if using wooden skewers the soak in water for at least 30 minutes so they don’t burn on the bbq.
Mix the garlic, ginger, chilli, fish sauce, soy sauce & oil to make the marinade
Put the prawns onto the skewers, I use mini 15cm skewers that hold 3 prawns to each skewer, you could use large skewers if you prefer.
Marinate the prawns for 30 minutes
Make sure your bbq is really hot, then add the prawn skewers to the bqq, directly over the heat.
After 1 minute turn over the prawn skewers and continue to cook for about 1 more minute until the prawns have completey changed from grey colour to pink.
Serve with fresh chopped coriander and lime wedges.
I also added a mango salad, simply chop up a fresh mango, red onion, red chilli, tomato, some coriander and serve.