Barbeque Jerk Chicken
BBQ Jerk Chicken is absolutely delicious. This recipe from Chillin N Grillin is servers with Watermelon and Strawberry Salsa which really compliments this dish.
- Prep Time3 hr
- Cook Time15 min
- Total Time3 hr 15 min
- Yield4 Servings
For the Jerk Chicken
- 4-6 chicken breasts (you can also use thighs or drumsticks)
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbs black peppercorns (ground)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 4 spring onions, chopped (use the white part and most of the green)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2-3 chillies depending on how hot you like it
- 1 Tbs dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs dark soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
Preparing the BBQ Jerk Chicken
Put all the ingredients (except chicken) in a mini chopper and finely chop.
Marinade your chicken in the mix for up to three hours in the fridge.
Set up your BBQ for direct grilling and cook the chicken over a hot grill until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F or 74°C, turn when necessary to prevent burning.
Serve with Watermelon and Strawberry Salsa or some hot sauce.