In addition to running multiple websites, which include food blogging, fantastic photography, reviews on BBQ Equipment and a U Tube Channel. Marcus produces UKBBQMag and runs BBQ courses.
1. What got you into BBQ’ng?
I’d recently started eating meat and had just moved to the countryside, I was cooking burgers and sausages for ever larger social gatherings, but realised I was missing out on a lot because I was stuck to the grill. I started researching other ways of cooking such as whole pigs on rotisseries, wood fired ovens and low’n’slow American style BBQ, I soon realised I was hooked.
2. How many BBQ’s do you have at home and what is your favourite method of cooking?
I have around 40, and 8 wood fired ovens, I’m very fortunate to work with a number of brands and do a lot of reviews, photography and videos with them. I can’t really pick a favourite I love all forms of outdoor cooking.
3. What is your favourite piece of BBQ equipment? This can be a BBQ or an accessory and we want to know why.
I couldn’t be without a thermapen, not just for temps but for knowing by feel how meat is cooking and when the tougher cuts are ready.
4. What was the best BBQ food you have ever eaten?
I remember a grilled seafood platter and a cold bottle of white and watching the sun go down over the sea in Queensland very fondly.
5. Tell us about your worst BBQ disaster?
Back when I tried my hand at BBQ catering, stood in a sodden field, with thousands of pounds worth of sausages and meat at a supposed big event, where everyone stayed away due to a bad weather forecast.
6. Name a dish you have never cooked but would love to try?
A whole cow cooked slowly near a fire.
7. Who is the person you would most like to cook with?
8. What is your favourite song to cook to?
A bit of dirty Blues, no song in particular.
9. Best toppings for a BBQ burger?
Amercian cheese, good bacon, gherkin and chilli jam
10. What’s your favourite non-BBQ food guilty pleasure?
Caramel crème pots
For more top tips visit his web site @ http://countrywoodsmoke.com/
Follow Marcus on social media
You Tube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CountryWoodSmoke