- Prep Time10 min
- Cook Time30 min
- Total Time40 min
- Yield4 Servings
- 1 sachet Schwartz Paella Recipe Mix
- 2 chicken breasts, diced into cubes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 100g (4oz) chorizo, diced
- 325g (11oz) paella or risotto rice
- 1 litre (1¾ pints) water
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 200g (7oz) raw prawns, defrosted if frozen or seafood selection (Sainsbury’s)
- 100g (4oz) frozen peas
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- Chimney Starter (Optional)
- Paella Pan
Using a chimney starter, place half chimney of charcoal or briquettes and light the starter.
Tip the fuel into the center of the bbq or into coal baskets, arrange centrally.
Add a splash of vegetable oil in the pan and fry diced chicken breasts, onion and chorizo for 6-7 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add rice and cook for a further minute, stirring.
Mix sachet contents with water, stir into pan with red pepper and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally for 20 minutes, or until water is mostly absorbed and rice is cooked.
Add prawns and peas, cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until prawns are cooked through. Ensure chicken is cooked through before serving.
Serve immediately and serve with the lemon quarters.